The Usual Suspects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Usual Suspects

The Pale White Underbelly of North East Off Road Bicycling

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bling? Not really, just some new parts...

Go down 
+2
RJ
Ridefaster
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ridefaster
Minion
Ridefaster

Bling? Not really, just some new parts... Empty
PostSubject: Bling? Not really, just some new parts...   Bling? Not really, just some new parts... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:55 pm

New bike stuff rocks. Elixirs are MUCH easier to set-up (center) than Juicy's.

XCish stuff. This is order #1, order #2 will be even better (if it ever arrives.)

Some of this is for two different bikes. One of them will be very nice.

Bling? Not really, just some new parts... IMG_2986
DT Swiss XM180 rear shock.
Bling? Not really, just some new parts... IMG_2987
Remote lockout for rear shock. Got the last one.
Bling? Not really, just some new parts... IMG_2991
Elixir R's. Will be getting CR's as well.
Bling? Not really, just some new parts... IMG_2990
Fun. Hey look, bar ends!
Bling? Not really, just some new parts... IMG_2992
Back to top Go down
RJ
Goderator
RJ

PostSubject: Re: Bling? Not really, just some new parts...   Bling? Not really, just some new parts... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:11 am

What is it all getting bolted to?
Back to top Go down
https://justride.forumotion.net
Ridefaster
Minion
Ridefaster

PostSubject: Re: Bling? Not really, just some new parts...   Bling? Not really, just some new parts... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 9:24 am

2009 Trek Top Fuel
http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/mountain_full_suspension/top_fuel/topfuel98/
Back to top Go down
bruce

PostSubject: Re: Bling? Not really, just some new parts...   Bling? Not really, just some new parts... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:15 pm

HOLY CRAP!
There will be no catching you this season Nate. You're gonna be one fast mofo Cool
Back to top Go down
evan
Goderator
evan

PostSubject: Re: Bling? Not really, just some new parts...   Bling? Not really, just some new parts... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 pm

that frame is SICK
Back to top Go down
RJ
Goderator
RJ

PostSubject: Re: Bling? Not really, just some new parts...   Bling? Not really, just some new parts... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 1:08 pm

By the way....here in Maine we call it Klank, instead of Bling. Smile
Back to top Go down
Crazy Fred
Minion
Crazy Fred

PostSubject: Re: Bling? Not really, just some new parts...   Bling? Not really, just some new parts... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 5:06 pm

[quote="bruce"]HOLY CRAP!
There will be no catching you this season Nate.
He rides with "Diesel bikes" how hard could "Catching" him really be? Rolling Eyes
Nate LOVE the new frame,, BTW, any chance this is the year you take me up on my offer to join in on a few of OUR rides? pale I promise you a day of not stop riding and laughing... Keep in mind that Trek was not designed for 30 minute breaks EVERY 10 minute's.... affraid CF.
Back to top Go down
Ridefaster
Minion
Ridefaster

PostSubject: Re: Bling? Not really, just some new parts...   Bling? Not really, just some new parts... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:34 am

I'll ride with you, sure. I rode with Sweed part of the summer on his Tuesday Lynn rides.

I really love XC racing and I wanted a bike I would have fun putting together and riding. My Cannondale Rush has some annoying drawbacks as a race bike. I got to ride the ABP Fuel EX and an older Top Fuel and loved both bikes. I really cannot wait for the bike to be available.

Also hope this snow melts.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Fred
Minion
Crazy Fred

PostSubject: Re: Bling? Not really, just some new parts...   Bling? Not really, just some new parts... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:39 am

Sounds great kid..I really don't think you understand just how big of a difference that Trek will be next to the Cannondale..( or maybe you fully understand) I think (and this is only IMO) that of all the big guys,Special ED,Trek, Gaint, etc,etc, Trek is really putting out some super hot bikes....Good luck with her this year...Hope to see ya out there......CF...
Back to top Go down
D$
Minion
D$

PostSubject: Re: Bling? Not really, just some new parts...   Bling? Not really, just some new parts... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:45 am

Ergon grips and bar ends?
really?
Back to top Go down
Ridefaster
Minion
Ridefaster

PostSubject: Re: Bling? Not really, just some new parts...   Bling? Not really, just some new parts... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:03 pm

D$ wrote:
really?
Yes, this is my third pair. They (Ergons and bar ends) rock.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Fred
Minion
Crazy Fred

PostSubject: Re: Bling? Not really, just some new parts...   Bling? Not really, just some new parts... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:17 pm

Ridefaster wrote:
D$ wrote:
really?
Yes, this is my third pair. They (Ergons and bar ends) rock.
Yes I'll second this, I really like them myself...I think when they get wet they it make it's VERY hard to try and hold onto them but over all I really like em...More so for us cats who like to rock the rigid SS 29ers...
Back to top Go down
RJ
Goderator
RJ

PostSubject: Re: Bling? Not really, just some new parts...   Bling? Not really, just some new parts... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:30 pm

I love Ergons but not a fan of barends...
Back to top Go down
D$
Minion
D$

PostSubject: Re: Bling? Not really, just some new parts...   Bling? Not really, just some new parts... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:51 pm

Crazy Fred wrote:
...More so for us cats who like to rock the rigid SS 29ers...

Fred what the SS 29er needs is Jones Titanium H-bars....
[spam] let me know if you're in the market for some![/spam]

i never considered the Ergons for sweaty things like racing just because they seem like they WOULD get really slippery with wet hands..

bar ends have their place and purpose... i'd rock 'em on a race bike
Back to top Go down
Ridefaster
Minion
Ridefaster

PostSubject: Re: Bling? Not really, just some new parts...   Bling? Not really, just some new parts... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 2:53 pm

They do get a bit slippery when muddy or wet, but it's manageable. Using gloves helps a bunch.

I am a bit afraid of snagging the bar ends on trees or course tape, but the leverage on smooth climbs and having a second hand position should make them worth the risk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bling? Not really, just some new parts...   Bling? Not really, just some new parts... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bling? Not really, just some new parts...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Usual Suspects :: General Blabber :: General bike BS...-
Jump to: