The Usual Suspects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Usual Suspects

The Pale White Underbelly of North East Off Road Bicycling

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

damn! Fun weekend so far!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RJ
Goderator
RJ

damn!  Fun weekend so far! Empty
PostSubject: damn! Fun weekend so far!   damn!  Fun weekend so far! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:06 pm

it's been an EPIC weekend already and it's only Saturday night!

As the week drew to a close I was worried the forecasts of rain and general nastiness were going to come down on Highland Mountain Bike Park Friday Night and through Saturday during the Claymore Challenge. The weather down here on the Coast was great as I headed out, but by the time I hit Exit 19 off of 93, it was raining in sheets. As soon as I rolled in, Bruce and Sasha loaded up into the Van and Pags followed us in his truck to the local 99 for beers and burgers...Not a bad way to start the weekend!

After finishing up at the 99 we headed back to highland where things were moving along nicely now...The band was still playing and there was a pretty serous Beer Pong tourney going on. Bruce passed out from exhaustion (he thinks he has bronchitis, I'm fairly sure it's a succubus draining his life away) and Sasha and I headed out to see what was good. Long story short, Shaums march was no match for Demo Dave from Trek. Shortly after my eleven-teenth beer I headed back to the vanagon for sleeeeeeep. Of course that didn't happen. The Vermont hill billies next to us (That is a term of endearment when coming from me...) were up and having fun. So I had another beer and then went to bed. The Van was great. Dozing off in the queen sized bed while listening to some Frampton Comes Alive was nice.

HUGE deluge around 1 AM kept me up with the rain thrumming on the Van's roof for an hour or so. I counted sheep and tried to figure out how to go pee without getting rained on (turns out with a Vanagon it's easy!).

Up at 6am. Feeling a bit banged up. Feed self one Redbull, one Water and one Beer. All is well by 9:30 AM. Spent the early morning chasing down some Dunks and then back at the Sinister tent wrenching on my bike and then helping Sasha get his bike set for the Claymore. the day started grey, muggy and foggy....but by 11 it was clearing up and we ended up with a phenomenal day.

We had three of our riders entered in the Claymore for the qualifiers on Friday...by Sat AM, it was Sasha left. Dane and Dan both gaffled themselves up pretty well and bowed out (Dane with a hurt foot and Dan with an ankle injury). Sasha had destroyed his third rear wheel of the week so we were getting him set of for the comp.

With Sasha's bike good to go and him sleeping in the van, Bruce, Frank Diesel and I headed out to get a few runs in.

Managed a bunch of runs, met tons of cool folks and really pushed my riding up a notch...like to 11. (Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?)

had a ball and am home now and bed SOON! Have to get up early with the kids and get them ready for the Clayton Assault on Mt A!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://justride.forumotion.net

damn! Fun weekend so far!
Page 1 of 1